Friday, August 28, 2015

"1.9 Calendar Reflection"

After completing my weekly calendar, I can now see that I am a very busy individual. With school, work, and rugby, I am constantly on the go. Having work on the weekends and rugby during the week will make getting homework done a little challenging...but not impossible. I have managed to allow myself 25 hours/time slots to do homework per week for all of my classes. With that amount of homework time, I should be able to keep my grades at a reasonable percentage. Now it is up to me and how much work I actually get done during those time slots or if I even follow through with it at all, since I am an extreme procrastinator. I do not think I will need all that time allowed by myself to complete all of my homework but it is nice to have it.





After reading and commenting on others posts, I don't feel as worried about the time I have allowed myself. It seems like I am pretty much the average when it comes to time per week dedicated to homework. At first, I thought that I had too much time but after seeing others posts, I now know that is not the case. I reviewed and commented on Oscar Acosta's blog and Deb Ortega's blog.

3 comments:

  1. Try to make sure that at least some of these work sessions are earlier in the day when you are fresh and not exhausted from everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try doing any homework you can at school. It's much easier to concentrate and harder to procrastinate. Also, try and do it in between or right after class while you're still in 'school mode'. Once you're at home and watching cat videos, homework just doesn't get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pretty hectic schedule as well. As someone who used to procrastinate (write paper the night before and stay up all night) I found that doing homework with others even if it is not the same subject helps me focus. To add to that, tell those friends what you are working on and when you should be done with it. It keeps you accountable and your friends can help you stay on track.

    ReplyDelete