Monday, October 19, 2015

"8.1 Clarity Pt.1"

1. I've always felt that I needed to work on my work choice. So with that being said, I chose add needed words as my first topic. Word choice helps engage the readers and can really captivate them with your writing. I've noticed that I tend to leave out words due to me trying to rush my writing. This makes my writing very confusing to readers and I need to work on adding the needed words to get my point across adequately.

2. I need to add some variety to my writing. After reading the topic, I learned about simple, complex, and compound sentences and how I can use them to enhance my writing skills.

3. The last one I chose was prefer active verbs. I always use non-active words in my writing and I really need to strengthen my writing with active verbs. Active verbs can really give some life and meaning to sentences.


Reflection:
I learned that I am not the only one who struggles with writing. Everyone has some type of struggle. For me it's adding needed words, adding variety, and active verbs. But everyone is different and many student had similar issues but not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment