Monday, October 26, 2015

"9.2 Clarity, Part 2"

I chose to read about choosing appropriate language, tighten wordy sentences, and key ideas.

1. After reading, it is critical to chose the correct/appropriate language to use when writing. You wouldn't write using the same language if you were discussing children's books to political speeches. For my writing, I think it would be wise to choose a very professional manner of writing.

It is very interesting to look at and analyze the strategies being used by different candidates.
Rand Paul tried attacking and demeaning the intelligence of his fellow candidates/opponents.

2. I chose to read about tightening wordy sentences, due to the fact that I often have run-ons. I need to shorten the sentences so that only valid information is in the sentence, which leads into my next point of emphasizing key ideas.

Rand Paul tried attacking and demeaning the intelligence of his fellow candidates/opponents.

3. I chose this one because it seemed to go with tighten wordy sentences pretty well. Like the last point, it is important to have key/main ideas in the writing and really focus/emphasize on those points.


I learned that if you implement these strategies into your writing, you're writing will be that much stronger. I noticed my writing was easier to follow and more entertaining than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment