Sunday, November 8, 2015

"11.4 Paraphrasing a Source"

Original Source:

"In an open letter written earlier this month, Snyder said, "I respect the opinions of those who disagree. I want them to know that I do hear them, and I will continue to listen and learn. But we cannot ignore our 81 year history, or the strong feelings of most of our fans as well as Native Americans throughout the country. After 81 years, the team name ‘Redskins' continues to hold the memories and meaning of where we came from, who we are, and who we want to be in the years to come."

Should Washington's Football Team Change Its Name?



My Paraphrase:

Washington Redskin's owner, Dan Snyder has refused to change the name of his team. According to a letter written by Snyder, he is aware of the opinions if the Native Americans throughout the country and it respectful to those opinions. However, Snyder fears losing the 81 year tradition and culture of his team. "After 81 years, the team name ‘Redskins' continues to hold the memories and meaning of where we came from, who we are, and who we want to be in the years to come." (Snyder, U.S. News)


1 comment:

  1. I think that overall you did a good job paraphrasing. You synthesized the information in Dan Snyders statement really well and managed to have your own voice. I don't have any suggestions for improvement.

    ReplyDelete