Wednesday, September 2, 2015

“1.8 My Writing Process.”

The type of writer, that I would consider myself to be, is a procrastinator. My writing process would also have to include being a heavy reviser. I have to write all of my ideas out on my first draft and then go back an edit the paper so that it makes more sense to readers. I would say that my writing process is both successful and unsuccessful. Whenever I do not procrastinate, I seem to be receiving higher grades due to the excess amount of time to revise my paper. However, that is not the case very often. I usually tend to forget about assignments or get too lazy to do them and have to rush last minute. I think it would be beneficial for me to not procrastinate and just continue to be a heavy revise

ClkerFreeVectorImages, "Winter Sleep Hibernation"



After reading comments on my own posts and leaving a few on others, I have a new perspective on the type of writer that I am. I always thought of being a procrastinator as a bad thing, but honestly its quite impressive that procrastinators can get their work done in a shortened amount of time. I commented on Liz Kinney's blog and  Krissandra McNeill's blog





 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Michael! I'm in the same boat as you: I'm a procrastinator and heavy reviser. It's interesting to me; I feel like these two are polar opposites. But they really do seem to go hand in hand. Procrastinators tend to rush through their work, which then requires an intense revision session. I guess it would make our worlds less stressful if we didn't procrastinate. It's something to aspire to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that most people placed themselves as a procrastinator and heavy reviser! It seems like a bit of an epidemic in the writing community. I totally agree with you that when I procrastinate less I get better grades on my work. I think heavy revising is a good way to go about writing when you start at a reasonable time, but it seems like it could be problematic when in a time crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself am a heavy planner in prepping and organizing so as to not be stressed out. If you feel that being a heavy reviser works for you than I would not change that. I would like to be more like you in that sense. If you work a little on being a planner that would help you in being a procrastinator with just a bit more planning and not wait until the last minute and really improve your grade.

    ReplyDelete